Phoenix Tattoo meaning – probably the best meanings of the Phoenix bird tattoo are: rebirth, a new life (like a dandelion), life itself, resurrection (like a giraffe), a new beginning (like a dragonfly), die and reborn (like a starfish) again. It can also mean that you become stronger and stronger. It means you are powerful (like a Medusa). It is also related to renewal. It can also mean that you rise from your ashes, either after losing someone, either after spliting from someone, like a lover. Here are some pictures:
- Greek mythology: in the Greek mythology, the Phoenix bird is related to regeneration and reborn. This bird is also associated with the sun. Basically this bird lives forever because it rises again from the ashes of his predecessor. It also means that the Phoenix bird is related to time, since it can live forever.
- Egyptian mythology: in the egyptian mythology, the Bennu bird was related to the Phoenix bird. The Bennu bird is also related to rebirth, creation and also the sun. Also, the God “Ra“, was pictured as a phoenix, as a bull, as a lion, but also many other birds. Don’t forget that the God “Ra” is the God of the Sun.
- Chinese mythology: the Phoenix bird is also a symbol of Chinese culture. In the Chinese mythology there were 2 birds, exactly like the Yin and Yang.
- Early Christianity: it was adopted like a symbol of Christianity too.
- Slavic folklore: in the Slavic mythology, the Phoenix was also called the Firebird.
Here are some other pictures for your next tattoo:
Celebrities with Phoenix tattoos – Kerry Katona (she has a huge Phoenix tattoo. She says that this tattoo represents “rising from the ashes” after spliting from her lover), Sarah Harding (she has a Phoenix tattoo. She has 2 Phoenix tattoos on her back/shoulders), Ashley Scott (she also has a Phoenix tattoo on her back), Ed Sheeran (he also has a Phoenix tattoo. He is a sonwriter/singer). Maybe you can find more celebrities with Phoenix tattoos. If you do, please share with us. Comment here please. Another picture:
Phoenix Tattoo Placement ideas – on your arm, on your back, on your forearm, on your leg, on your lower back, on your wrist, on your foot. You can also check out where celebrities have their tattoos. Altough this tattoo is mostly made by woman (after a split from their lover), it can be done by men too.
The Phoenix tattoo is also related with the Peacock tattoo (they have the same colors).