Medusa Tattoo meaning – one of the meanings of the Medusa tattoo is the “evil” itself. Medusa was evil. She was a monster – she was powerful and with a lot of strength (like a tree). Do you know she was the consort of Poseidon? She is also related to magic (like a dandelion), evil (like an owl) and death (like a stingray) itself. She is also associated with feminine power – the Versace brand logo is a Medusa head. She is also related to beauty (like a giraffe). She is also related to nihilism (this is the antonym of romantic idealism). She also means transformation (because she used to be transformed into a monster from a beauty queen). Do you need some pictures?
Medusa Story – Medusa was one of the three children of Phorcys and Ceto. Altough most of the people believed they should be very ugly, the sculptors initially painted them as both beautiful, but also ugly and terrifying. One of the stories about Medusa is that she used to stone people that attacked her. The Medusa tattoo (beauty and ugly, good and bad) also reminds me of the yin yang tattoos or even the angel and devil tattoos. Here are some more pictures for you:
Medusa Tattoo Symbolism:
- do you know that the Medusa head pillar is on the base of the Basilica Cistern from Turkey?
- do you know that is supposed that even Leonardo da Vinci painted the Medusa head?
- do you know that even Antonio Canova painted the Medusa head?
- what about sicilian medusa tattoos? Do you know the flag of of Sicily has the medusa head on it? If you want some pictures and ideas for your next tattoo, please see here on Wikipedia.
- she was one of the three Gorgon sisters (Gorgon means a female creature, beauty or ugly like a monster). The Gorgon name itself means super ugly “dreadful“.
Here is another picture for your next tattoo: