Lily Tattoo meaning – Lily (or Lilium flowers) have a lot of meanings, but some of them are: beauty (all flowers are related to beauty. Orchid, Hibiscus, Lotus, etc), innocence (most flowers are related to purity and innocence), fertility (all flowers mean fertility. Even a dove means fertility). Do you need some pictures for your next tattoo?
- Egypt culture: the water lily is related to fertility. Also, the water lily is related to the following: pleasure, beauty, hope and even rebirth (like a phoenix tattoo).
- Greek mythology: the lily word is derived from the Greek word (true). The nymphaea (also a lily), is also inspired from Latin and Greek cultures. The lily was first inspired from the nymphs (don’t forget that nymphs were beautiful, free and they loved to sing).
- Catholicism: the lily flower (Lilium candidum, also called Madonna Lily) is related to purity and with the Virgin Mary. This is also related to innocence. It can also be related with faith. Faith in a better life and such. Another tattoo representing faith is the infinity tattoo.
- Calla Lily symbolism: this plant has poison. This plant can be related to death itself. It can cause burning in mouth, nausea and even diarrhea.
- Tiger/Leopard lily symbolism: is a cool/beautiful flower that grows around South America.
- Lilium Stargazer symbolism: this one is a hybrid lily, but still looks cool. I’ve seen many people getting such a lily tattoo and looking good.
Do you want some pictures for your other tattoo?
© Oleksandr Kovernik | Dreamstime.com
Lily Tattoo Placement Ideas – on your wrist, behind your ear, on your foot, on your shoulder, on your neck. If you find any celebrities with this tattoo, you can always check out their tattoo locations and get a similar one. Here are some more pictures: