Dragon Tattoo meaning – there are plenty of meanings for the dragon tattoos, but some of them are: strength (like a horse), good luck (like a dandelion), power (like a panda), independence (like the Statue of Liberty), freedom (like the Cheshire cat), wisdom (like a griffin), protection (like the Eye of Ra), longevity (like a turtle), magic, supernatural, balance, etc. Before getting any of these dragon tattoos, please make sure you really want it. It’s pretty hard to get rid of it afterwards.
Do you want some pictures for your tattoo?
Dragon Tattoo symbolism:
- Chinese dragon symbolism: the dragon is a huge symbol for the Chinese people. These type of tattoos are very popular. The Chinese dragon can be found around in the 16th century BC. That’s a very long time, that’s why is so popular. Not only that, but in China the Chinese dragon is related to an emperor or a majesty. The chinese dragon is also related with the yin yang symbol (the dragon is an yang – the phoenix is an yin/in the Chinese mythology the phoenix is also called the Fenghuang). Most of the times the Chinese dragon is associated with imperial power. Both Chinese and Japanese dragons are known to have some sort of magical powers. That’s what those people believe, while other still believe it now. Believe it or not, some people believed that dragons were able to learn to talk like humans.
- Japanese dragon symbolism: like the Chinese dragons, the Japanese dragons are very popular along the world. There are plenty of people who get these type of tattoos on daily basis. Besides strength and power, the japanese dragon is also associated with gods. Most of the times these dragons are also associated with freedom. Furthermore, both the Chinese and the Japanese dragons are associated with protection and wisdom.
- Vietnam dragon symbolism: not as popular as the first too (the Chinese and Japanese dragons), these are very important too. Do you know that people in Vietnam believed/believe that they have the dragon as a descendent? Of course, this is not true, but the legend is interesting.
- Koi dragon tattoo symbolism: some species of Koi fish are also called dragons.
- Tiger and Dragon tattoo meaning + symbolism: as you know by now, the dragons are also associated with the tigers.
- Celtic dragon symbolism: the celtic dragon tattoos are also popular. The Celtic dragon tattoos are also associated with balance and freedom.
Do you still need some pictures for your next tattoo?
Dragon Tattoo Placement ideas – on your arm, on your forearm, on your shoulder, on your foot and many other similar places. You can also see where celebrities get this tattoos, maybe you get more ideas. It could help!
Dragon Tattoos on celebrities – Angelina Jolie (she has/used to have a dragon tattoo on her arm), Pink (she has a dragon tattoo on her calf), Lenny Kravitz (he has a dragon tattoo on his shoulder and on his chest), Mel B. (also called Melanie B. – she is a songwriter, danger, etc), Franka Potente (she has a dragon tattoo on her shoulder – she is a singer and film actress), David Arquette (he has a dragon tattoo on his foot), etc. I am sure there are plenty of other people with dragon tattoos, mostly because this type of tattoos are highly popular. If you find more celebrities with this kind of tattoos, please share with us. Just comment!