American Flag Tattoo meaning – bravery (like a lion heart), freedom (like a black panther), strength (like an warrior), hope (just like a lighthouse), independence (on July 4 is the Independence Day), freedom of speech, love for your country and many more. Want some pictures/ideas for your next tattoo?
American Flag Tattoo Symbolism:
- the best tattoo to represent America is this tattoo. If you love America (your country), there is no better tattoo to show exactly that: love and freedom.
- the 50 stars from the American flag mean those 50 states (united) from America.
- those 13 stripes mean those 13 original British colonies. Those 13 colonies were founded in America (in Virginia and Georgia), between 1607 and 1733.
- eagle symbol: most people in their tattoos also include the eagle. In most places the american flag is also related with the eagle. The eagle (bald eagle) is the national bird of United States of America. Various species of eagles are national birds in many other countries around the world. The American flag is a patriotic tattoo, the only tattoo that represents how much you love your country/America.
- One of the most recognized symbol in America – not only this flag is shown on public buildings, but also on private ones (and also on various people tattoos, etc). Even on the moon you can find the American flag.
Need some pictures?
American Flag Tattoo Placement ideas – on your arm, on your chest, on your forearm, on your shoulder. Not only there, but there are tons of places where you can put your American Flag. Look where your favorite celebrities have their flag tattoo, maybe you get ideas. Here are some more pictures with American Flag tattoos:
American Flag tattoo on celebrities: Jeremy Shockey (he has a huge American Flag tattoo on his right arm), Aaron Lewis (he has a flag tattoo also), Philip Labonte (an american flag tattoo), Sammy Adams, etc. Do you know more celebrities with famous american flag tattoos?