Alligator Tattoo meaning – in most places (if not, in all), alligators, crocodiles or caimans mean only fear (like a Grim Reaper), strength (like Poseidon), agility (they are born predators and they hunt – like a stingray), brave (like a koi fish) and much more. Some people also associated the crocodile/alligator with magic (like a frog tattoo). They also mean protection (like a turtle) – they have an armoured skin, so it’s kinda hard for the enemy to attack them. They are also related to “good vision“. Do you know they have a good night vision as well? But also, they have a good sense of smell that it’s very good developed. Want some pictures for your next tattoo?
Alligator Tattoo symbolism:
- Ancient Greek mythology: do you know that in the Ancient Greek the “crocodile” word meant “the Lizard of the river”? You can also find the crocodile word in the Medieval Latin too.
- Swadhisthana: we can find the crocodile in the Hindu religion too. Swadhisthana is a black lotus (seated on a crocodile).
- Maya religion: you can find the crocodiles in the Maya religion also. Read more about it here.
- Egypt religion: Sobek was a God with human body, but with a crocodile head. This meant that Sobek was large and violent (like a crocodile). He was also considered a protection deity, mostly because he was so powerful (just like the panda tattoo).
- Hearing: they can hear everything around. They are known to hearing very well.
Want some pictures?
Celebrities with Alligator tattoos – Ryan Lochte (he is a swimmer and Olympic medalist). If you know more famous people with alligator/crocodile or even caiman tattoos, please let me know via comments. Another picture: